Sunday, April 22, 2012

Where to start?

Except for those with great confidence, I suppose that this is THE question for your first post.

Between my family, my religion and my art - I am defined. I'm blessed with an amazing family - stats are in my bio. Without my devotion to Christ and the Mormon church, I would be of little value. These things define me. My art is an expression of that definition.

To me art is not what you see, but what is inside of you, what you feel. My career in architecture (I still work in it when there is opportunity) was more often frustrating than fulfilling - the demands of clients, budgets and schedules. The inability to fully express your feelings for the art of architecture unless you have and exceptionally open client was frustrating.

Now, as an artist, the work is mine. If I don't like what I've done, I can put it away. It is an exciting form of personal expression. In the few years that I've been working in art I've found the inspiration exciting and the opportunities exciting. Two solo shows last year and the start of a new studio presently have been very fulfilling. I'm amazed at the friends I've made in the art community - both locally and worldwide online - you know who you are and I thank you for your support. As an "emerging" artists I am grateful for the support of my wife (a Speech Pathologist) and my children.

If you are new to my work you can find me at www.larkstudios.com and on Facebook at Lark Studio. More to come, philosophy, things I enjoy, rantings and nonsense - so stop by often and enjoy.

No comments: